background

January 19, 2011

New Project

This is our first house!! I'm so ready and excited to begin the process to make it our little home. It is an older home, built in 1929. It has always been my dream to own an older home. I love the character they posess. And I finally have mantels to decorate. WooHoo!! Three to be exact. I have lived in apartments since college and have had boring walls for seven years. So, I'm ready to throw some colors on the wall. Bright colors to be precise.

And I'm trying to do all of this on a budget. I may work at the bank but they really don't pay all that great. I have lots of stuff from my wedding. Also, I have lots of stuff just from being in a college town for the past four years and being so close to my favorite stores (TJ Maxx, Pier 1, Hobby Lobby, Kirklands, Target). I just never had enough rooms to display my stuff. Now I do and it really shows how little I actually have. :-) Bet my husband appreciates that! Ha!

Anyway, this blog is the journey through deorating our first home and simply life. Ideas and criticisms are more than welcome. I need all the help I can get.




No comments:

Post a Comment